Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Extraordinary Day

One of the most extraordinary days in my life began with an early morning call from Mountain View, California. To my utter astonishment, I was informed that "The Subliminal Mr Dunn" had been selected by Google as a Blog of Note! Almost before I had time to collect my wits I was passed over to the Chief Financial Officer who told me that the prize-giving ceremony would take place at Google's Paris office early in the New Year, to be followed by a special gala dinner at the Hôtel Meurice. (The Chief Financial Officer said I was free to compose the menu of my choice and to invite any friends I might have.)
Even now I can hardly believe it's true! After all those years of crying in the wildnerness, of being slighted in my profession...


But wait, that was not all! There was more! Shortly afterwards I received an email from the Veuve Clicquot champagne company telling me that if I were to forward the very same email to ten persons of my acquaintance I could look forward to receiving a crate of six bottles of champagne within a matter of weeks.


And to round off a miraculous day, I received ANOTHER email, this time from a Mr Abuja in Nigeria, informing me that I had won $100,000 dollars on the Nigerian state lottery. If I would be so good as to send him my details (bank account number etc)., he would personally arrange to rush me the money the same day. "If I would be so good"! I naturally complied straightaway.


Thus, in addition to beecoming a Blogger of Note, I can now look forward to a crate of champagne and a cheque for $100,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment