Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fil-Am Hollywood Actress Nicole Anderson on Being a 'Nick Jonas' Girlfriend


Nicole Anderson is famous for her portrayal of Macy, the love interest of Nick Jonas, in the Jonas Brothers TV show, “Jonas L.A.” on the Disney Channel.

Nicole said: “It was my first stable job so it was, ‘Wow, this is awesome, I’m gonna [sic] be able to do what I really love to do on a regular basis.’ And then I booked it with my best friend and the Jonas Brothers. It was a win-win-win all over the place. When we came back for the second season, I found out that Nick and I would be love interests on the show so I was, like, ‘That’s not a shabby job’ (laughs). He’s a really, really cool guy.”

Now that the show has concluded its run, the 20-year-old Filipino-American said she is aiming for more mature roles, but within limits.

Nicole joked: “I’m not going crazy and wanting to take my clothes off on HBO or anything like that (laughs). I wouldn’t want to do anything that I will be embarrassed to have my dad see (laughs).”

Her current projects include “Make It or Break It” on ABC Family. In it, she plays a champion gymnast, a familiar role.

When she was younger, Nicole was winning in national gymnastics competition before she had to retire due to injuries. Being an athlete taught the young star the value of discipline.

Nicole said it’s easy for young people in Hollywood to get into trouble like her fellow Disney star, Demi Lovato, who recently entered rehab after a reported emotional breakdown.

I think with Demi– she is a young girl, she’s a teenager. Every teenager goes through their angst phase, you know, where they wanna rebel, kinda go through teenage hormone issues. Unfortunately for her she has to do it in the spotlight,” she said.

Nicole said it’s the guidance of her family that has kept her afloat. Her mom, Anami Anderson, is a native of a small town in Negros Occidental, Philippines.

She joked about what her mother would do to her if she got out of control. “Oh, definitely it’s my Filipino mom. (laughs) She’ll chase me around with a wooden stick. (laughs) No.

Though born and raised in the United States, Anderson is proud of her roots. She has her love for Filipino food and even permanent body art to prove it.

My favorite’s halo-halo and I love sinigang and pancit. My mom makes me these vegetarian egg rolls. I also have a tattoo on my ribcage and one of the things on it says ‘Mahal kita.’” (I love you).

Nicole is also starring in the movie “Mean Girls 2″ coming out in February 2011.

Source: Yong Chavez, ABS-CBN North America Bureau


No comments:

Post a Comment